“Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ”
“The Family: A Proclamation to the World,”

July 22, 2013

Having a sister…

has truly been one of my greatest blessings.  My sister is my best friend.  We talk on the phone at least once a day...sometimes more.  Perhaps the closeness in our relationship is due in part to the fact that we are only 11 months apart.  We have always been in the same life stage together.  From teenage angst to the uncharted waters of marriage and motherhood, we have done it together. 

Photo By Emilie_3260 4x6

I look at my daughters and although having them close in age can be a challenge at times, they are so blessed to have each other.  Right now the moments of bliss and togetherness are fleeting, but as they grow older together and enjoy the same life stages like me and Kari they will form an unbreakable bond of love and friendship. 

My girly girls4x6

Their husbands won’t understand their constant need to talk with one another about NOTHING.  Their friends (and in-laws) will scratch their heads at the random inside jokes they share.  These girls will always be surprised when they finish each other sentences or have the same thought at the exact same time.  They will show up at an event wearing the exact same thing…having not planned their wardrobes!  They will forever cherish the best friend that God gave them right in their own family!

1 comment:

Kari Sweeten said...

This made me tear up. I cherish you and am so grateful our girls have sisters - hopefully they'll all grow up to like each other like we do!! lol
Love you!