“Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ”
“The Family: A Proclamation to the World,”

November 23, 2009

"I couldn't ask for a better Mom..."


Ethan and I attended sacrament without the girls or our Daddy today and it was a great experience! I was able to put my arm around him the whole time and hug him. He loved it. When we left he said, "Mom?" I knelt beside him and he said, "I couldn't ask for a better mom because you are always doing nice things for me." I hugged him so tight and long and got a little emotional. I said, "Thank you so much" and kissed his forehead (the only place I am allowed to kiss my big boy). Then we walked to the car and continued our great day at home.
Ethan is such a sensitive boy and I love it! His emotions are always right at the surface which means he can get quite angry and frustrated when things don't go just right, but it also means he feels a great capacity to love. Ethan has always shown great empathy. I love my tender hearted son.
He made my whole year with that sweet, tender comment he made while walking to the car hand in hand with his ol' mom.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Awww...what a sweet boy! And he's right on. You are a wonderful mom.

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

So sweet! Made me get teary!