“Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ”
“The Family: A Proclamation to the World,”

January 5, 2010

Waiting for Daddy to Come Home

I had the strangest desire to get the crayons out and color this evening. Oddly enough it happened at the exact moment I tend to loose my mind and my temper on a daily basis...right before Daddy gets home. So I dropped everything and embraced my inner child. I set the kids up to the table and grabbed the crayons, some paper and a few coloring books. Ethan colored Transformers. He is not a coloring book sort of kid. Give him a box of paper and it's amazing the images that come to be. His imagination astounds me. Izzy took a green marker to every eyeball in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Book. I don't know why, but she loves to color eyes. She is the reason Dollar Store coloring books were created. Even Ellie joined in. I don't care how young or old you are, it brings pure joy to have uninterrupted parent-time. Heck, I am 32 and still crave those Mommy-Moments. SO, this is what we did while we waited for Daddy to come home today. That was much more enjoyable than loosing my mind.

1 comment:

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

So fun and cute! I love to color! p.s. what happened your your 365 blog??