“Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ”
“The Family: A Proclamation to the World,”

November 5, 2008

History Made!

Love him or hate him, you have to acknowledge the fact that we witnessed history in the making yesterday: America's 1st black president!
With all history making events you always here this question: Where were you when...? So, where was I when I found out Barack Obama was to be 44th President of the United States of America? Lady Fitness! I was walking out of a yoga class and glanced up at a T.V. to see Katie Couric inform her viewers (as limited as they may be...yuck) that Barack Obama had obtained the needed 270 Electoral Votes needed for the nations highest office. The ladies around me reacted differently from each other. Some smiled and others sighed. Here's my big sigh of relief: *sigh*. Not because Obama is president, as I am not a fan of the democrat platform, but because this two year presidential race is over. What a marathon!
Here's to change and history in the making.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you 110%. I feel like this was the longest presidential election ever. Even though I can really only say that I have ever voted for president 3 times (yah, I know). It was just very heated and involved. Thank goodness it's over!