“Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ”
“The Family: A Proclamation to the World,”

December 26, 2008

Favorite Christmas 2008 Moments

Isabella looking at the tree on Christmas Eve.

Ethan discovering Santa Clause brought him the Nintendo DS he has been asking for for 2 years.

Izzy's reaction when she realizes this present is a baby doll. She doesn't have many of those, so she was thrilled.

I love this picture because Izzy loves Ashlee and Topher, but she isn't showing it here.
That little girl wears her emotions on her sleeve.
You never have to guess what she is feeling.

It's rare that Corey and I get a photo together. I love this one for it's imperfections: It's off center, we look heavier and older, but we are still so happy.

My all time favorite picture of Christmas 2008:
Ethan is crying because I accidentally "popped his arm" trying to help him get onto the Lazy Boy.
Elizabeth is crying because I am not holding her.
And Izzy is trying to shove a battery up her nose.
I was just trying to take a stinkin' "Night Before Christmas" picture.
I gave up trying to get them happy and in frustration snapped the picture.
Corey laughed. I laughed. And not to delete it. This is real life!
Oh, the memories.

1 comment:

Kari Sweeten said...

I am cracking up over your "Night Before Christmas" picture! So funny!