“Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ”
“The Family: A Proclamation to the World,”

December 13, 2008

A Sweet Moment

Seriously, does it get anymore precious than this! I was busily crafting away at the kitchen table when I heard Ethan whisper loudly, "Mom, look." Without looking up I did the typical mom thing, "Ok. One second." He again whispered loud, "Hurry, mom. Look!" I sighed a heavy sigh and looked and this lovely scene was before me. Ethan wanted me to see that he was reading to his sister. This precious site called out to my inner photographer. I hustled to find my camera and capture this rare moment of Izzy calmly laying on Ethan and him actually enjoying her company. Then I remembered something my mom used to say to me and my siblings, "You will be each others best friends one day." She was correct! My best friends are my siblings and I look forward to seeing them weekly, if I can. When Izzy and Ethan are older and fighting and not really being able to stand each other, I will pull out this photo and say, "You will be each others best friends one day; just like you used to be." They will most likely respond like my siblings and I would: roll their eyes and continue to think that their school chums will always be their only best friends. And they will be wrong...very wrong.
I tend to joke and whine about the troubles a toddler and baby can be, but then Heavenly Father grants me moments like this and it's all worth it. My children are blessed to have each other and it's times like this that makes me think they are starting to understand that a little.

1 comment:

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

That is seriously extremely adorable!!! I love it!